Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Unpredictable Weekend

It was another fine weekend that went by way too quickly. I think that something out there likes to try to find new ways to take time away from my potentially productive Saturdays. Last weekend I kind of expected a little and I did get to accomplish the biggest things, but this weekend was a return event of Faith's kidney stone. I will get more into that in a minute.

Saturday is the only day that I consider my day off. I work my regular job Mon-Fri, and Sundays I spend half of the day at church between services and Youth Group. So my Saturdays are in a way sacred because that is when I try to get as much done as possible. Last weekend my plans in reorganizing the basement were to begin. I was supposed to have most of the day to work on it, but I was going to have to watch the kids in the Morning because Faith had to work that Friday night. Normally she does not work on Fridays. So I figured I would be able to start by early afternoon, but that turned out to not be the case because I needed to show Faith how to get to Parky's Farm. I had to go out anyways to purchase the wireless router, but then we had to take a trip all the way down to Winton Woods so that she could find where she was going. By the time we got back it was dinner time and I went to pick up some pizzas. So I finally got to start rearranging things sometime after 5 PM. So I didn't get as much done as hoped. It has been the ongoing project all week when I have a free minute here or there. So my plan for this Saturday was to try to put a major dent into the project as well as some other yard work that needed to be completed.

So Saturday morning I am up and ready to get moving after getting to sleep in a little bit. The only thing we had planned was to go to the Zoo in the late afternoon for their Halloween night. I also needed to make a trip to Sam's. Well, Faith starts saying that her back is hurting again like it did when she had her kidney stone a couple of weeks ago. As it got worse she decided to go visit the emergency room and I took care of the kids. So that pretty much shot my Saturday free time in the foot. Faith finds that it is the same kidney stone that she had before and she never passed it as she had suspected. So that is very frustrating. I did finally get to do some work on the basement late in the evening, but it is still a work in progress.

Next Saturday is a shopping day with my mom. As long as everything goes as planned, I should have no babies or distractions and I can enjoy the day getting some Christmas shopping done. Its a tradition that my mom and I do every year. So hopefully I will actually get a free day for a change.

Thats all for another exciting weekend in my chaotic life.


Chris

No comments: