Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Still Adjusting

Life is still pretty crazy around here. It takes a lot longer to get adjusted to 2 kids than it does to just 1. I think with every baby that a couple has, God should allot parents an extra day to their weekend. Sometimes I really don't know where I find the energy. Last night I entertained both of them while Faith worked on K.C.'s room. Fortunately KC was not hungry and just enjoyed me holding her while I attempted to entertain Ephriam. At least I learned that he is extremely fascinated by the stereo in his play area in the basement. I can probably get away with playing a CD for a while. He is trying to figure out how to climb the shelf to get to it though. I don't look forward to the day he figures it out.

Warning - shifting to Youth Ministry thoughts - my brain might puke all over this blog if you aren't careful.
Sunday was our official return to Youth Night. We kicked it off with some high energy goofiness. Let me know the last time you have seen a skit that included constipated singers, the simpsons, heavy metal, nuns, hippies, and a gangsta rap choir? It would have been funny to videotape, but it didn't happen. It was pretty funny. Our attempt was to show that Church Worship doesn't have to be lame especially since it isn't a requirement that you worship only on Sunday. Hopefully we can keep the energy up each week.
Probably my highlight of youth night this week was the Bible Study. We had one person show up for it, but this person really wants to get something from it, so I know that even though it will be small, it will be a very effective Bible Study. More to come on that later.

I get to play golf tonight weather permitting. Should be a good time either way. More on that later.

No comments: