Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fall is upon us.

You know that it is almost Fall when the Back to School Ads dominate the newspaper and people are begging for cooler weather. Football practice is in full swing for High School and the scrimmages have started. Soon we will be keeping warm in the stands on a Friday night enjoying the crisp cool air.
Fall brings a lot of things for myself to look forward to. I have already mentioned football, but the cooler season brings jack-o-lanterns, turkeys, and many family gatherings. It also brings a new school year and a new beginning to Youth Ministry at Park Avenue.
This will be my 4th year leading Youth at Park with my wife Faith. We have officially made my brother Mark a Youth Leader for this year. He has been a great help to us as we adjust to our growing family. We have completed our Purpose Driven Youth Ministy Training and we are looking forward to using what we have learned to create a healthy, well-balanced youth ministry.
As the end of August approaches, I am preparing for my life to go back into Ludicrous Speed. Especially with 2 kids at home not including myself. We are doing our best to prepare for the adjustments. The Youth Ministry training will help a lot in this area. We have high hopes for the changes that are happening and we look forward to all that God has planned for us.

Chris

No comments: