Thursday, November 16, 2006

Update on happenings at Park Ave.

I have to update a little on our church Board Meeting last night. It was budget night which is never a very fun meeting. We are really going to have to cut back on things this year and it appears that we are going to have to cut salaries as well. This of course will be decided by our Staff Parish team. This does not bother me too much as long as they do not cut the Position of Youth Director all together. I know that we have a smaller group, but it has become a very effective group lately. It takes time to build a good fire that will not flame out quickly. I still feel that there is work to be done there, but without the position I am not sure what will happen. So I have a feeling of insecurity over the whole situation, but if that opportunity goes away, then it will allow for more time at home with my family.

The part that really hurts us I think is the fact that our budget is being cut by 66%. I find that it will be very challenging to do a lot of things we are used to in the past. I believe it can be done, but I am not sure how attractive our ministy will be to our Youth. This is all really my core human being reaction to the whole situation. My mind is already trying to come up with solutions to the new obstacles. And if you know me, I can really dig in for a good challenge. Nobody said this would ever be easy.

So I have to say that I do have some peace about the situation. I will leave the decisions up to the church. It is their responsibility to prayerfully consider what is best for Park Avenue. God will provide what is needed to continue to minister to our kids even if it isn't through Park Ave. It is not my responsibility to look after them all of the time. God is in control. I choose to server Him wherever He will have me.

Please pray for our church and our ministries.

Chris

No comments: