Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to Work.

It is always hard to go back to work after a long weekend. At least I didn't forget how to do my job. I am surprised we didn't have more password reset requests because generally, people forget their passwords a lot over a holiday break.

This past weekend was very busy. We had dinner with Matt and Angie on Fri night. They are in California now to have Victoria's kidneys removed to prepare for her transplant.
Sat. Faith's family came in for a visit. We went to the Newport Aquarium and had dinner at Smokey Bones BBQ and Grill. We also watched the Notre Dame Football Game. The Irish started off a little shaky, but eventually won the game.
Sunday was church and a cookout at my parents' house. My Aunt and Grandma came in from Indianapolis to visit at the cookout as well. We had a packed house and the weather stayed dry although it got pretty cool in the evening.
Monday was my day of freedom so I began by sleeping in till about 10 AM. I then cut the grass and went to the driving range with my Dad and Brother Mark. Mark and I then went to Best Buy where I purchased the computer microphone and we had dinner at Pizza Hut. We then met my other brother Matt at the movie theater to see Talledega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Very very funny if you have ever followed Nascar. You may not catch all of the jokes if you have not been into Nascar all that much.
I have a few more hours of freedom tonight before my wife and kids return home. I have a few projects I want to take care of and play some more with the computer. I also need to turn on my fantasy football draft so that we can get our players.

So that has been my weekend in a nutshell. I need to have a break from my busy weekends. Is there a such thing as a weekend from your weekend? Someone needs to set that up. God was serious when he setup the Sabbath day for us to rest. Now I just need to learn to take advantage of it.

Chris

No comments: